This course is about how to use software in scientific experiments.
Who should join?
Students with a genuine interest in scientific experiments and computer tools to make these experiments happen.
- Acquiring knowledge about the use of software and hardware for scientific experiments.
- Become part of an international scientific community.
- Producing a usable product for scientific research in a (very) short amount of time.
- Writing a (part of a) technical report about your work.
- Workshops on tools
- Lectures in the field of physics or astronomy.
- Team work
- Visit to NIKHEF and ASTRON
Contemporary research in science such as provided by CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research) or ASTRON (the Netherlands Institute for Radio Astronomy) generates an enormous amount of data. At the moment there is a lack of computing capacity to deal with this amount of data in order to properly carry out experiments.
Knowledge of the latest hardware, software and analysis techniques is needed to compute and show this data. This means that experts in the field of Computer Sciences and Human Machine Interaction are needed. In this course best practices for scientific programming will be taught and realised in projects for renowned scientific institutes.
During this course you will be part of a team and work on an assignment for CERN or ASTRON. First you will get acquainted with the tools needed, dive into the domain (physics or astronomy) and make a plan to be successful as a team. You will develop applications for science together with your team members and with the help of the lecturers. Field excursions to Nikhef Institute and Astron are part of the course.
Ova škola nudi programe:
- енглески језик
Poslednje ažurirano January 18, 2018